Sony CD Boom Box S, L, T - #399
Problem: The CD does not function.
Check batteries for polarity placement and be sure to use fresh batteries.
Keep mobile phones and other electrical appliances far away from the unit. Such appliances may cause noise interference or play may stop
Be sure the FUNCTION button is in the position marked CD.
Problem: The TAPE player is operating but there is no sound.
Be sure the VOLUME control button is adjusted to an audible listening
Problem: The RADIO/TAPE player does not work.
Be sure the FUNCTION button is set to TAPE. If the RADIO/TAPE still doesnt function, check that the Channel Tuning knob is in the desired position for reception. If the Tape player still does not work, be sure the Pause button is not depressed (in the down position). If it is, press it again and it will be in the upposittion. The TAPE will resume
If a CD skips it may need cleaning. Wipe off any fingerprints with a soft cloth.
Do not get wet. Follow manufacturers recommendations for cleaning.
For Technical Support:
Call our Technical Service Department
1-800-TEC-TOYS or 1-800-832-8697
385 Warburton Avenue
Hastings on-Hudson, NY 10706
Tel. 914.478.0960 / Fax 914.478.7030
One of a kind!
Weve added a momentary, latch, and timer circuit to this high quality
compact and portable boom box for using with your capability switch. No other Boom Box on the market has this unique circuit. It also features a CD player, cassette player and recorder, AM/FM radio with 30 station pre-sets, and a Mega bass sound system. It runs on batteries or an AC adapter which is included. The timer can be set from 0 to 120 seconds. Size: 14"L x 5
1/2"W x 9 1/2"H. Requires Capability Switch and 6 C Batteries.
5. Select your function CD/RADIO/TAPE on the Boom Box then select the same function on the SLT control box toggle switch.
1. The CD boom box requires 6 C batteries (not included) or the supplied
AC power adapter to operate. Install the batteries, with careful attention to the battery polarity. Be sure the + and - poles are facing in the correct directions as shown in the battery compartment. When using use heavy duty or rechargeable batteries as they will not work.
7. To load a TAPE: Press the TAPE button. Next press the
STOP/EJECT button to open the cassette tape compartment. Insert your audio tape with the open edge facing up and the side you want to play facing you. Push the cassette door to close it. Manually push the button marked PLAY.
2. The CD Boom Box can also be run on AC power with the included wall transformer. Simply plug the pin at one end of the transformer cord into the jack directly in the back of the Boom Box. Plug the other end into an AC wall outlet.
Do not mix new batteries with old ones.
6. If using the Radio /Tape mode push the Power Switch on the Boom
Box, starting from the OFF position. For Radio: Press the Radio button once for FM, twice for AM. Tune into the station of your choice using the tune buttons. Adjust the volume to your desired listening level.
8. If using the CD mode open the CD compartment by pushing down on the CD compartment lid. Insert your CD, label side up, over the center hub of the disc and gently press the center of the CD until it snaps down. Gently close the compartment door. Press the power button, then press the Play once to start the CD and then again to Pause it. Now your external switch will control the CD player.
Remove the batteries when you do not plan to use the unit for a month
Momentary: The Boom Box will operate as long as the capability switch is pressed. Releasing the switch will shut off the Boom Box.
There is one adapted female switch input jack located on the back of the unit. Insert a capability switch into the jack. (Jack accepts 1/8"plug only). Next you will need to select one of the three modes of switch use. Please view the description of each mode.
Latch: Pressing the capability switch once and releasing it will activate the
Boom Box. Pressing the capability switch again and releasing it will shut off the Boom Box.
Follow these setup steps for each function:
3. Make sure the Boom Boxs Power is set to Off.
4. Turn SLT box ON, Please Note: Boom Box buttons will not work if the
SLT Box is not set to ON.
Time: Pressing the capability switch will activate the Boom Box for a preset amount of time. Time is adjusted by rotating the small white knob on the control box located on the back of the unit and can be adjusted from a fraction of a second to 2 minutes (120 seconds). The Boom Box will then shut off regardless of whether the capability switch is pressed or not. To activate the Boom Box for another timed c