This section provides an introduction to the LGDM110. It includes illustrations and descriptions of the important phone parts and instructions for getting your phone powered up and ready to use.
See page 11 for an overview of your phone.
10 Driver Safety Tips
Your wireless telephone gives you the powerful ability to communicate by voice-almost anywhere, anytime. But an important responsibility accompanies the benefits of wireless phones, one that every user must uphold.
When driving a car, driving is your first responsibility. When using your wireless phone behind the wheel of a car, practice good common sense and remember the following tips:
1. Get to knew your wireless phone and its features such as speed dial and redial. If available, these features help you to place your call without taking attention off the road.
2. When available, use a hands free device. If possible, add an additional layer of convenience and safety to your wireless phone with one of the many hands free accessories available today.
3. Position your wireless phone within easy reach. Be able to access your wireless phone without removing your eyes from the road. If you get the incoming call at an inconvenient time, if possible, let your voice mail answer it for you.
4. Let the person you are speaking with know you are driving; if necessary, suspend the call in heavy traffic or hazardous weather conditions. Rain, sleet, snow, ice and even heavy traffic can be hazardous.
5. Do not take notes or look up phone numbers while driving. Jotting down a to do list or flipping through your address book takes attention away from your primary responsibility, driving safety.
6. Dial sensibly and assess the traffic; If possible, place calls when
you are not moving or before pulling into traffic. Try to plan calls when your car will be stationary. If you need to make a call while moving, dial only a few numbers, check the road and your mirrors, they continue.
7. Do not engage in stressful or emotional conversations that may be distracting. Make people you are talking with aware you are driving and suspend conversations that have the potential to divert your attention from the road.
8. Use your wireless phone to call for you. Dial 9-1-1 or other local emergency number in the case of fire, traffic accident or medical emergencies. Remember, it is a free call on your wireless phone!
9. Use your wireless phone to help others in emergencies, if you see an auto accident crime in progress or other serious emergency where lives are in danger, call 9-1-1 or other to call emergency number, as you would want others to do for you.
10. Call raodside assistance or a special non-emergency wireless assistance number when necessary. If you see a broken down vehicle posing no serious hazard, a broken traffic signal, a minor traffic accident where no one appears injuried, or a vehicle you know to be stolen, call roadside assistance or other special nonemergency wireless number.
The wireless industry reminds you to use your phone safely when driving.
For more information, please call to 888-901-SAFE, or visit
Provided by the Cellular Telecommunications
Provided by the Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association
L IMITED WARRANTY STATEMENT
1. WHAT THIS WARRANTY COVERS :
LG offers you a limited warranty that the enclosed subscriber unit and its enclosed accessories will be free from defects in material and workmanship, according to the following terms and conditions:
(1) The limited warranty for the product extends for ONE (1) year beginning on the date of purchase of the product.
(2) The limited warranty extends only to the original purchaser of the product and is not assignable or transferable to any subsequent purchaser/end user.
(3) This warranty is good only to the original purchaser of the product
(4) The external housing and cosmetic parts shall be free of defects at the time of shipment and, therefore, shall not be covered under these limited warranty terms.
(5) Upon request from LG, the consumer must provide information to reasonably prove the date of purchase.
(6) The customer shall bear the cost of shipping the product to the
Customer Service Department of LG. LG shall bear the cost of shipping the product back to the consumer after the completion of service under this limited warranty.
2. WHAT THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER :
(1) Defects or damages resulting from use of the product in other than its normal and customary manner.
(2) Defects or damages from abnormal use, abnormal conditions, improper storage, exposure to moisture or da