To liquefy whole fruits or vegetables. Slower the speeds at end of cycle to reduce the
Blended ice drinks,
Crushed ice, Whole fruits and vegetables, Frozen chopped fruit, Seeds
To completely blend ice, hard
Smoothies* foods, or frozen foods.
Suggested Items to
To heat your cooled soup or room temperature ingredients.
Soup**, Vegetables, Broth
To clean the blender jar with water and a drop of dish soap.
Water and Dish soap
Use for a momentary boost of speed while blending on the variable speed settings. It may also be used on its own as a separate blending function while the Blender is in Standby
Savory crumb topping,
Sweet crumb topping, Meat salad for sandwich filling,
Chopped fruits, Chopped vegetables, Ice crush
Manual speeds offer ultimate control of the blender. Allows for fine-tuned chopping and
0:00 - 6:00
Fruits, Vegetables, Nuts,
Dips, Frozen desserts,
Soups, Sauces, Doughs,
*Included with select models only.
**The soup setting is designed only to heat cooled or room-temperature ingredients, and is not intended for preheated ingredients.
*** It is advised to defrost the frozen items slightly until it can be probed with a knife tip.
11/18/2019 6:56:16 PM
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following:
1. Read all instructions.
2. To protect against risk of electrical shock, do not put Blender in water or other liquid.
3. This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory, or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they are closely supervised and instructed concerning the use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety. Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
4. Turn the appliance OFF, then unplug from the outlet when not in use, before assembling or disassembling parts and before cleaning. To unplug, grasp the plug and pull from the outlet. Never pull from the power cord.
5. Avoid contact with moving parts.
6. Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after the appliance malfunctions, or is dropped or damaged in any manner. Contact the manufacturer at their customer service telephone number for information on examination, repair, or adjustment.
7. Do not use outdoors.
8. Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter.
9. Keep hands and utensils, other than the tamper provided, out of container while blending to reduce the risk of severe injury to persons or damage to the blender. The cover must remain in place when using the tamper through the cover opening. A scraper may be used but must be used only when the blender is not
11/18/2019 6:56:16 PM
10. Blades are sharp. Handle carefully.
11. The use of attachments, including canning blender jars, not recommended by KitchenAid may cause a risk of injury to persons.
12. Always operate Blender with cover in place.
13. When blending hot liquids or ingredients, ingredient-measuring cap should remain in place over the lid opening. Always start on lowest speed and slowly ramp to desired speed when blending hot liquids or ingredients.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
This product is designed for household use only.
Voltage: 120 V
Frequency: 60 HZ
Intensity (Amp.): 15 Amps
NOTE: If the plug does not fit in the outlet, contact a qualified electrician.
Do not modify the plug in any way.
Do not use an adapter.
Do not use an extension cord. If the power supply cord is too short, have a qualified electrician or serviceman install an outlet near the appliance.
Motor horsepower for the Blender motor was measured using a dynamometer, a machine that laboratories routinely use to measure the mechanical power of motors. Our 3.5 peak horsepower (HP) motor reference reflects the horsepower output of the motor itself