MODEL HZ-614 SERIES AND HZ-614C SERIES
MODEL HZ-615 SERIES
MODEL HZ-617 SERIES AND HZ-617C SERIES
MODEL HZ-817 SERIES
IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THESE
INSTRUCTIONS OR PRODUCT LABELS
DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT AND
CALL US AT (800) 477-0457 FOR AN
These instructions are intended to provide you with the information you need to use the product and to avoid such hazards. When using electrical appliances, basic precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and injury to persons, including the following:
1. Read all instructions before using this heater.
2. This heater is hot when in use. To avoid burns, do not let bare skin touch hot surfaces. If, provided, use handle when moving this heater.
Keep combustible materials, such as furniture, pillows, bedding, papers, clothes, and curtains at least 3 feet (0.9 m) from the front of the heater and keep them away from the sides and
3. Extreme caution is necessary when any heater is used by or near children or invalids, and whenever the heater is left operating and unattended.
4. Always unplug heater when not in use.
5. Do not operate any heater with a damaged cord or plug or after the heater malfunctions, has been dropped or damaged in any manner.
Return heater to authorized service facility
for examination, electrical or mechanical adjustment, or repair.
6. Do not use outdoors.
7. This heater is not intended for use in bathrooms, laundry areas and similar indoor locations. Never locate heater where it may fall into a bathtub or other water container.
8. Do not run cord under carpeting. Do not cover cord with throw rugs, runners, or similar coverings. Arrange cord away from traffic area where it will not be tripped over.
9. To disconnect the heater, first turn off the product, then grip the plug and pull it from the wall outlet. Never pull by the cord.
10. Warning - Connect to properly grounded outlets only. This heater is for use on 120 volts.
This appliance has a grounded plug as shown in Fig. 1. An adapter is available at retail (not included) for connecting three-blade groundingtype plugs to two-slot receptacles. The green grounding lug extending from the adapter must be connected to a permanent ground such as a properly grounded outlet box. The adapter should not be used if a three-slot grounded receptacle is available.
11. Do not insert or allow foreign objects to enter any ventilation or exhaust opening as this may cause an electric shock or fire, or damage the
12. To prevent a possible fire, do not block air intakes or exhaust in any manner. Do not use on soft surfaces, like a bed, or where openings may become blocked.
13. A heater has hot and arcing or sparking parts inside Do not use it in the areas where gasoline, paint or flammable liquids are used or stored.
14. Use this heater only as described in this manual. Any other use not recommended by the manufacturer may cause fire, electric shock, or injury to persons.
The Honeywell trademark is used by Kaz, Inc. under license from Honeywell International Inc.
15. Avoid the use of an extension cord because the extension cord may overheat and cause a risk of fire. However, if you have to use an extension cord, the cord shall be No. 14 AWG minimum size and rated not less than 1875 watts. The extension cord shall be a three wire cord with a grounding-type cord and plug connector.
16. This heater draws 12.5 amps during operation.
To prevent overloading a circuit, do not plug the heater into a circuit that already has other appliances working.
17. It is normal for the plug to feel warm to the touch; however, a loose fit between the
AC outlet (receptacle) and plug may cause overheating and distortion of the plug. Contact a qualified electrician to replace loose or worn
18. Never tamper with this product or attempt to fix it. Any tampering with, or modification of this product can result in serious injury, death, fire or risk of electric shock. Do not open, no user serviceable parts inside.
19. Do not remove product labels that contain warnings or safety instruction.
20. The output of this heater may vary and its temperature may become intense enough to burn exposed skin. Use of this heater is not recommended for persons with reduced sensitivity to heat or an inability to react to avoid burns.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS REGARDING THE PLUG ON YOUR PRODUCT
HZ-817 SERIES OPERATION
Place the heater on a firm, level, open surface free from obstructions and at least 3 feet (0.9 m) away from any combustible materials.
Never leave an operating unit unattended.
Plug the heater into an electrical wall outlet.
Touch the power button to turn the heater on.
The power indicator light will illuminate. (Fig. 3)
To save up to 35% in energy bills, turn the Energy Sma