Canada : 1-800-267-2826
When using electric appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following:
1. Read all instructions. Keep these instructions for future reference.
2. To protect against risk of electrical shock, do not put cord, plug, base, or motor in or near water or other liquid.
3. Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
4. Unplug cord from outlet when not in use, before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning.
5. Avoid contact with moving parts.
6. Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug, or after the appliance malfunctions or is dropped or damaged in any manner. Contact an authorized service facility for information on examination, repair, mechanical or electrical adjustment.
7. The use of attachments, including canning jars, not recommended or sold by Hamilton Beach/Proctor-Silex, Inc. may cause a risk of injury to persons.
8. Do not use outdoors.
9. Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter, or touch hot surfaces, including the stove.
10. Keep hands and utensils out of container while blending to reduce the risk of severe personal injury and/or damage to blender. A rubber spatula may be used but must be used only when blender is not running.
11. Blades are sharp, handle carefully.
12. Do not use a broken, chipped or cracked blender jar.
13. Do not use broken, cracked or loose cutting blades.
14. To reduce the risk of injury, never place cutting unit blades on base without jar properly attached.
15. Always operate blender with cover in place.
16. When blending hot liquids, remove center piece of two-piece
cover. Do not fill blender container beyond the 3 cup level.
Always begin processing at the lowest speed setting. Keep hands and other exposed skin away from the cover opening to prevent possible burns.
17. Screw on jar retaining ring firmly. Injury can result if moving blades accidentally become exposed.
18. If the jar should turn when the motor is switched ON, switch
OFF ( O ) immediately and tighten jar in threaded retaining ring.
19. Do not leave blender unattended while it is operating.
20. To disconnect cord, turn the control to OFF ( O ), then remove plug from wall outlet.
21. Do not use appliance for other than intended purpose.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
CONSUMER SAFETY INFORMATION
This appliance intended for household use only. Use for food or liquids only.
This appliance is equipped with a polarized plug. This type of plug has one blade wider than the other. The plug will fit into an electrical outlet only one way. This is a safety feature intended to help reduce the risk of electrical shock. If you are unable to insert the plug into the outlet, try reversing the plug. If the plug should still fail to fit, contact a qualified electrician to replace the obsolete outlet. Do not attempt to defeat the safety purpose of the polarized plug by modifying the plug in any way.
The length of the cord used on this appliance was selected to reduce the hazards of becoming tangled in, or tripping over a longer cord. If a longer cord is necessary an approved extension cord may be used.
The electrical rating of the extension cord must be equal to or greater than the rating of the blender. Care must be taken to arrange the extension cord so that it will not drape over the countertop or tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or accidentally tripped over.
If the cutting unit blades lock and do not move, it will damage the motor. Do not use. Call the toll-free customer service number for information.
Do not place blender jar in the freezer filled with food or liquid. This will freeze and damage the cutting unit, jar, and motor.
Parts and Features
Parts and Features
PULSE Button For instant control. Pulse operates only as long as the dial is aligned with
Pulse P. The blender motor stops when the dial is released.
Tips and Hints for Best Use
5. Rotary Dial (see page 5 for more information)
6. Cutting and Salting Board*
9. Jar Collar
Before First Use: After unpacking the blender, wash everything except the blender base in hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly. Do not place in dishwasher. Wipe the blender base with a damp cloth or sponge. DO NOT IMMERSE THE BASE IN WATER. Care should be taken when handling the blades as they are very
For best blending results, fill the blender jar at least half full.
Use the round area of the cutting and salting board to salt your margarita glass.
Use the square area of the cutting and salting board to cut
Use the blenders filler cap as a 2-ounce (60 ml) liquid measure.
Processing hot foods or liqu