DE GARANTA. ADVERTENCIA: LASE ESTE INSTRUCTIVO
ANTES DE USAR EL PRODUCTO.
Vehicle Charger for 24 Volt Battery Packs
Chargeur de vhicule
The RBRC Seal
MANUAL DE INSTRUCCIONES
Questions? See us in the World Wide Web at
NOTE: Battery storage and carrying caps are provided for use whenever the battery is out of the tool or charger. Remove cap before placing battery in charger or tool.
WARNING: Do not store or carry battery so that metal objects can contact exposed battery terminals. For example, do not place battery in aprons, pockets, tool boxes, product kit boxes, drawers, etc., with loose nails, screws, keys, etc. without battery cap. Transporting batteries can possibly cause fires if the battery terminals inadvertently come in contact with conductive materials such as keys, coins, hand tools and the like. The US Department of Transportation Hazardous
Material Regulations (HMR) actually prohibit transporting batteries in commerce or on airplanes circuits. So when transporting individual batteries, make sure that the battery terminals are protected and well insulated from materials that could contact them and cause a short circuit.
The RBRC (Rechargeable Battery Recycling Corporation) Seal on the nickel-cadmium battery (or battery pack) indicates that the costs to recycle the battery (or battery pack) at the end of its useful life have already been paid by
DEWALT. In some areas, it is illegal to place spent nickel-cadmium batteries in the trash or municipal solid waste stream and the RBRC program provides an environmentally conscious alternative.
RBRC in cooperation with DEWALT and other battery users, has established programs in the
United States to facilitate the collection of spent nickel-cadmium batteries. Help protect our environment and conserve natural resources by returning the spent nickel-cadmium battery to an authorized DEWALT service center or to your local retailer for recycling. You may also contact your local recycling center for information on where to drop off the spent battery.
1. Plug the charger into an appropriate outlet.
2. Insert the battery pack into the charger. Be sure the pack is fully seated in the charger. The
red (charging) light will blink continuously indicating that the charging process has started.
3. The completion of charge will be indicated by the red light remaining ON continuously. The pack is fully charged and may be used at this time or left in the charger.
Using Automatic Tune-Up Mode
The Automatic Tune-Up Mode equalizes or balances the individual cells in the battery pack allowing it to function at peak capacity. Battery packs should be tuned up weekly or after 10 charge/discharge cycles or whenever the pack no longer delivers the same amount of work. To use the automatic tune-up mode, simply place the battery pack in the charger and leave it for at least eight hours. The charger will cycle through the following modes.
1. The red light will blink continuously indicating that the 1-hour charge cycle has started.
2. When the 1-hour charge cycle is complete, the light will stay on continuously and will no longer blink. This indicates that the pack is fully charged and can be used at this time.
3. Whenever the pack is left in the charger after the initial 1-hour charge, the charger will begin the Automatic Tune-Up Mode. This mode continues up to 8 hours or until the individual cells in the battery pack are equalized. The battery pack is ready for use and can be removed at any time during the Tune-Up Mode.
4. Once the Automatic Tune-Up Mode is complete the charger will transition to a maintenance charge; no indicator light shows the completion of the Automatic Tune-Up Mode.
Indicator Light Operation
DEWALT Industrial Tool Co., 701 East Joppa Road, Baltimore, MD 21286
(JUL04) Form No. 608129-02 DW0249 Copyright 2002, 2004 DEWALT
The following are trademarks for one or more DEWALT power tools: the yellow and black color scheme; the D shaped air intake grill; the array of pyramids on the handgrip; the kit box configuration; and the array of lozenge-shaped humps on the surface of the tool.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS ABOUT THIS OR ANY DEWALT TOOL,
CALL US TOLL FREE AT: 1-800-4-DEWALT (1-800-433-9258).
Important Safety Instructions
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS. This manual contains important safety and operating instructions for DW0249 battery charger.
Before using charger, read all instructions and cautionary markings on (1) charger, (2) battery pack, and (3) product using battery pack.
DANGER: If battery pack case is cracked or damaged, do not insert into charger. Danger of electric shock or electrocution.
DANGER: Never attempt to open the battery pack for any reaso