SMARTPOWER PREMIER 600-WATT BLENDER
For your safety and continued enjoyment of this product, always read the instruction book carefully before using.
When using an electrical appliance, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following:
15. Never leave your blender unattended while it is running.
16. When blending HOT liquids, remove measured pour lid (center piece of cover) to allow steam to escape.
1. READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING.
17. Twist on locking ring firmly. Injury can result if moving blades accidentally become exposed.
2. To protect against the risk of electrical shock, do not put motor base of blender in water or other liquid.
18. Do not use an extension cord with this unit. Doing so may result in fire, electrical shock, or personal injury.
3. Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
Regarding your cord set: A longer cord has been provided so that you will have flexibility in positioning your Cuisinart SmartPower
Premier 600-Watt Blender near an electrical outlet. Exercise care when using the longer cord, to avoid entangling or tripping over the cord. The longer cord should be arranged so that it will not drape over the counter or tabletop, where it can be pulled on by children or tripped over. Excess cord should be stored in the cord storage area at the back of the blender base to avoid injury caused by the longer cord.
4. Unplug from outlet when not in use, before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning or removing contents from blender jar.
Never put hands into the blender jar or container, or handle the blades with appliance plugged in.
5. Avoid contact with moving parts.
6. Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after the appliance malfunctions, or is dropped or damaged in any manner. Return appliance to nearest Cuisinart service facility for examination, repair, and/or mechanical or electrical adjustment.
7. The use of attachments, including canning or ordinary jars, not
recommended or sold by Cuisinart may cause fire, electrical shock, or risk of injury to persons.
8. Do not use outdoors.
9. Do not let cord hang over edge of counter or table or touch hot surfaces.
10. Keep hands and utensils out of jar while blending, to reduce the risk of severe injury to persons or damage to blender itself. A rubber or plastic spatula may be used but must be used only when the blender is turned OFF.
11. When blender is in ON mode, and LED lights are flashing or glowing, do not touch cutting assembly, interfere with blade movement, or remove blender jar cover. Accidentally touching a speed button may activate the blender.
12. BLADES ARE SHARP. HANDLE CAREFULLY.
13. To reduce the risk of injury, never place cutting assembly on base unless the blender jar is properly attached.
14. Always operate blender with the cover in place.
19. Wash the blender jar, cutting assembly, locking ring, and cover before first use.
20. WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRICAL SHOCK
OR FIRE, DO NOT REMOVE THE BASE PANEL. NO USER
SERVICEABLE PARTS ARE INSIDE. REPAIR SHOULD BE
DONE ONLY BY AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL.
21. WARNING: FLASHING LIGHT INDICATES READY TO OPERATE.
DO NOT TOUCH BLADES.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
This appliance is of the grounded type; the extension cord should be a grounded type 3-wire cord. If the plug does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not modify the plug in any way.
1. Place the gift box containing your Cuisinart SmartPower Premier
600-Watt Blender on a flat, sturdy surface before unpacking.
2. Remove instruction booklet and other printed materials from top of corrugated insert. Next remove the top corrugated insert.
3. Remove the lower corrugated insert containing the blender jar assembly.
Be careful not to tip the jar when removing.
4. Carefully lift blender base from box and set aside.
To assemble the blender, follow the Assembly instructions, page 4. Replace all corrugated inserts in the box and save the box for repackaging.
Before using for the first time: Wash all parts according to the Cleaning and Maintenance section on page 7 to remove any dust or residue.
Important Safeguards ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... . . .
The Cuisinart SmartPower Premier 600-Watt Blender is constructed with a heavy die-cast metal base and 50-ounce glass blender jar. This dynamic new look for blending solid, sophisticated, and elegantly commercial is perfect for todays gourmet kitchen.
The most powerful of the SmartPower blenders, its engineered with a
600-watt motor thats more than capable of handling extra-tough blending tasks, including crushing ice. The flip side of this heavy-duty blender is its versatile, precision control. A Count-Up Timer ensures that any re