2009 All Rights Reserved
Acer Liquid (S100) Smartphone User Guide
First issue: 10/2009
Acer Liquid (S100) Smartphone
Model number: ...
Serial number: ...
Date of purchase: ...
Place of purchase: ...
End User Licence
IMPORTANT-READ CAREFULLY: THIS END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT ("AGREEMENT")
IS A LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU (EITHER AN INDIVIDUAL OR A SINGLE ENTITY),
AND ACER INC. INCLUDING ITS SUBSIDIARIES ("ACER") FOR THE SOFTWARE
(WHETHER PROVIDED BY ACER OR BY ACER'S LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS) THAT
ACCOMPANIES THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING ANY ASSOCIATED MEDIA, PRINTED
MATERIALS AND RELATED USER ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTATION WHICH MAY BE
BRANDED "ACER" ("SOFTWARE"). AGREEMENTS RELATING TO ANY OTHER PRODUCT
OR TOPIC ARE NEITHER INTENDED NOR SHOULD THEY BE IMPLIED. BY INSTALLING
THE ACCOMPANYING SOFTWARE OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, YOU AGREE TO BE
BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT
AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT
CONTINUE THE INSTALLATION PROCESS AND IMMEDIATELY DELETE ALL INSTALLED
FILES, IF ANY, OF THE ACCOMPANYING SOFTWARE FROM YOUR PHONE.
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A VALIDLY-LICENSED COPY OF THE APPLICABLE SOFTWARE,
YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO INSTALL, COPY OR OTHERWISE USE THE SOFTWARE,
AND HAVE NO RIGHTS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT. well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. The Software is licensed, not sold.
GRANT OF LICENSE
Acer grants to you the following non-exclusive and non-transferable rights with respect to the Software. Under this Agreement, you may:
1. Install and use the Software only on a single designated phone. A separate license is required for each phone on which the Software will be used;
2. Make one copy of the Software solely for backup or archival purposes;
3. Make one hardcopy of any electronic documents included in the Software, provided that you receive the documents electronically.
You may NOT:
1. Use or copy the Software except as provided in this Agreement;
2. Rent or lease the Software to any third party;
3. Modify, adapt, or translate the Software in whole or in part;
4. Reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software or create derivative works based upon the Software;
5. Merge the Software with any other program or modify the Software, except for your personal use; and
6. Sublicense or otherwise make the Software available to third parties, except that you may, after prior written notification to Acer, transfer the Software as a whole to a third party so long as you do not retain any copies of the Software and such third party accepts the terms of this Agreement.
7. Transfer your rights under this Agreement to any third parties.
Export the Software in contravention of applicable export laws and regulations, or (i) sell, export, re-export, transfer, divert, disclose technical data, or dispose of, any Software to any prohibited person, entity, or destination including, without limitation, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria; or (ii) use any
Software for any use prohibited by the laws or regulations of the United States.
Acer is not obligated to provide technical or other support for the Software.
ACER LIVE UPDATE
Certain of the software contains elements that enable the use of the Acer Live Update service, which allows for updates for such software to be automatically downloaded and installed on your phone. By installing the software, you hereby agree and consent that Acer (or its licensors) may automatically check the version of such software that you are using on your phone and may provide upgrades to such software that may be automatically downloaded on to your phone.
OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT
Title, ownership rights and intellectual property rights in and to the Software and all copies thereof shall remain with Acer or Acer's licensors or suppliers (as applicable).
You do not have or shall not gain any proprietary interest in the Software (including any modifications or copies made by or for you) or any related intellectual property rights. Title and related rights in the content accessed through the Software is the property of the applicable content owner and may be protected by applicable law.
This license gives you no rights to such contents. You hereby agree
1. Not to remove any copyright or other proprietary notices from the Software;
2. To reproduce all such notices on any authorized copies you make; and
3. To use best efforts to prevent any unauthorized copying of the Software.
This Agreement does not grant to you any rights in connection with any trademarks or service marks of Acer or of Acer's licensors or suppliers.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ACER, IT